Headlight reflectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight reflectors

The headlight reflector that I have for my '79 1000( E, S, etc.) has gone dull inside, on the mirrored surface. It says "Stanley 100" on the molded glass lens; and is designed for a removeable bulb like an H4, which is what I use. It looks like an automotive product, but I can't seem to find the manufacturer, much less a dealer for them anywhere online. Any thoughts or advice?
    Thanks!

There are many choices availble on the internet. JC Whitney has several choices, not sure how many of them would be appropriate for a bike. The only difference that I have noticed between bike lights and car lights is that car lights will have a sharp cut-off in the light pattern on the left side, so it does not shine into the eyes of oncoming drivers. Bike lights have a shallow V along the upper edge, kinda like the Mazda logo.

Personally, I have used car lights on a bike and would rather use them.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      There are many choices availble on the internet. JC Whitney has several choices, not sure how many of them would be appropriate for a bike. The only difference that I have noticed between bike lights and car lights is that car lights will have a sharp cut-off in the light pattern on the left side, so it does not shine into the eyes of oncoming drivers. Bike lights have a shallow V along the upper edge, kinda like the Mazda logo.

Personally, I have used car lights on a bike and would rather use them.

thats what Harley does, they use a standard automotive sealed halogen sylvania lamp.

auto zone carrys aftermarket lights that use a H-4 bulb and use a modern focused reflector with smooth lens, some even have a integral halo ring.

I have seen a couple bikes here with them and see them on the road.

you just have to use the factory mounting ring from the stock GS headlight.

Comment

Thanks, folks!
        That's pretty much what I was thinking...I guess that 7" round glass headlight reflectors aren't a fast-moving product these days, so no one advertises them. lol.

Comment

Working...
        X