Chain breaker and riveter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chain breaker and riveter?

I'm thinking about investing in a chain breaker/riveter kit. The Motion Pro kit (08-0058) should be good but I've read some bad reviews. The Pit Posse kit is cheaper but looks to be about the same thing. Anybody have either kit or any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!:-D
    Last edited by chuckycheese; 05-29-2008, 03:14 PM.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

i think there all the same kit. i got mine from MikesXS. the cheapest i found it.

Comment

What size chain do you have? If you have a 630 chain, make sure whatever tool you select can handle 630.

Don't get a Motion Pro. I have one and after three chain changes all the attachments have broken from normal use. It sucks.

I've heard good things about the RK chain breaker/riveter. A bit spendy at around $100 but I hear it's the last chain tool you'll ever need to buy.

We are sorry, but this page cannot be found. If you have any questions or can't find what you are looking for, please contact us .
      Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2008, 04:06 PM.

Comment

i havent seen the rk 1. but the motion pro 1 looks just like mine. it is cheap.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, guys! I'm running 630's on both bikes and realize it has to be a pretty decent tool. There seems to be quite a lot of trouble with the Motion Pro tool but I wondered if the one from Pit Posse might be a little heavier duty...it sort of looks like it in the picture. I notice that even the RK tool doesn't mention using it on 630 chains.
          Last edited by chuckycheese; 05-29-2008, 05:21 PM.
          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
          X