New Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Parts

Its amazing what new parts can do. I ordered the two inside air cleaner boots to replace the old ones I had. I could not, for the life of me, get them attached to my carbs. No amount of grease, swearing, cussing would get them on.

Today, from bike bandit, they came. I went out, put them onto the air box assembly, gave em a quick shot of silicone, and whoop, on they went, with no problems.

I am waiting for some screws to come, also should be today. They are allenhead screws, to replace the phillips head screws on my carbs. Then I can install my airbox and carb assembly, and get my scoot running again. Had it running before, but I am worried about cylinders 1 and 4. They are running very rich. Which is odd, while 2 and 3 are beautiful. I suspect possibly a bad coil, which places me in the market for the left hand one. Anyone got one let me know.

I will keep yah all updated.

Wtf???

Okay, so I rebuilt my carbs, bench synced them, new o-rings, cleaned, and blew out all passage ways. I finally got my intake boots for the aircleaner assembly, so I put everything back together. Set my tank to prime, and waited.

I tried to start the bike. Turned over real nice.......too nice. No start. Just grinding away on the starter. WTF?? Checked my connections, checked everything I can think of, pulled a plug...bone dry. Okay, why? Removed the screws on the float bowls, gas everywhere, just not getting to the cylinders. Hmmm. Poured some gas in the cylinder, replaced the plug...boom, fired right up. Kept it running, switched to petcock to reserve, and left it running. Played with the mixture screws a bit, settled my idle down to 1100rpms, and took her for a ride.

I come home, shut her off...and prayed. Okay she started again. Thats a good sign. But I don't think something is right. I went out for another ride, came home, shut it off, and she wouldn't start. Battery had given all she had. Put it on the charger, bike started. I figure I must have a bad ground somewhere. Any ideas?

Comment

Why didn't you replace all the boots?
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

My intake boots to the cylinders are okay. No cracks, so I just replaced the o-rings. The air cleaner boots, the two outter ones were fine, the two inner ones were rock solid. I replaced them.

I found a bad ground at the battery. I cleaned up the surfaces, re-attached the bolts and she starts. Idle is a little choppy, and there is a real slight hesitation when I rev her. Plug pulls are all over the place. Some rich, some fine. Is really weird.

Comment

carb boots

Where did you purchase your boots from? All 8 of mine are rock solid. Prices from the local stealer dealer are unmanageable. What did yours cost?

Comment

The air intake boots are about 9.00 bucks a piece from bikebandit, and the intake to cylinder boots are about 20.00 a piece, also from bike bandit.

Comment

Working...
            X