which wheel bearings to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which wheel bearings to get

i have an 82 gs1100gl. im getting a few things from z1 enterprises and figure ill get front wheel bearings from them too to save on shipping. but im not sure which ones to get. they have three on the site and none of say gs1100gl in the application guide. any ideas?

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Call them .. .

Originally posted by beachbum3478 View Post
    i have an 82 gs1100gl. im getting a few things from z1 enterprises and figure ill get front wheel bearings from them too to save on shipping. but im not sure which ones to get. they have three on the site and none of say gs1100gl in the application guide. any ideas?

http://www.z1enterprises.com/catalog...00GLZ-1982-WB0

Comment

Pop the bearing out and take it to your local bearing house. Cheaper and higher quality
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

You need two 6302 bearings in the front and two 6303 bearings in the rear.

These are standard metric bearing sizes. Get the "2RS" (2 rubber seals) variety.

These bearings are available pretty much anywhere.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by beachbum3478 View Post

http://www.z1enterprises.com/catalog...00GLZ-1982-WB0
          I bought a set of rear bearings for my 77gs750 from Z1 and they were fine. I ruined one of the three because I put both wheel bearings in and then looked over and realized I forgot to put the spacer in before the 2nd bearing. had to pound out the new bearing which ruined it. I did a quick search on Google maps for "bearing" near my house. The first place I called had the exact bearing in stock and was only a few miles away. It was one or two dollars more than Z1 but no shipping and I was able to pick it up right then.
          Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
          Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
            You need two 6302 bearings in the front and two 6303 bearings in the rear.

These are standard metric bearing sizes. Get the "2RS" (2 rubber seals) variety.

These bearings are available pretty much anywhere.
            Just to clarify -- the numbers I gave are for GS shafties only.

I think chain drive bikes use three bearings in the rear, and I don't know exactly what they are. I think the fronts all take two 6302 bearings, though.

As noted, these bearing sizes are common as pig tracks and available literally anywhere that sells auto, truck, machinery, mining, or farm parts and equipment.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
              As noted, these bearing sizes are common as pig tracks and available literally anywhere that sells auto, truck, machinery, mining, or farm parts and equipment.
              I'm not sure if this only applies to FL, but...

I went to a local bearing shop last week. I told them I needed a pair of 6302 bearings for my motorcycle. They said they had them, but couldn't sell them to me if they were for my bike... something about liability. I said, "Did I say motorcycle? I meant robot."

She said fine, and rang me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Brown View Post
                I'm not sure if this only applies to FL, but...

I went to a local bearing shop last week. I told them I needed a pair of 6302 bearings for my motorcycle. They said they had them, but couldn't sell them to me if they were for my bike... something about liability. I said, "Did I say motorcycle? I meant robot."

She said fine, and rang me up.
                LOL!
                I took mine to a local bearing house. All was good.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                X