Great Idea...Until the wife found out!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Idea...Until the wife found out!!

So I'm cleaning my tank out because it sat half full of gas for 12 years (never smelled anything so awful in my life).Needless to say there's a lot of rust. No holes though. I didn't feel like sitting there and shaking the tank for ever and ever with stuff inside, so here's what I did. First I rinsed the tank out to get whatever big flakes would come out. Then I dried it out. I put BBs, aquarium rocks and some nuts and bolts inside the tank and then put the cap back on. I taped over the petcock hole real good. Then I wrapped the tank in two old blankets. I put the tank inside of our dryer, surrounded by pillows and other blankets. I made sure the tank was pretty centered in there. Then just hit the start button and let it spin for about 15 minutes. All was good until the wife came home. I won't go into detail there but man oh man did that do the job.

nice work!!!!

im gonna keep that one in the back pocket for future use

Comment

electroylisis works like a charm too.. and doesn't require the use of a dryer!

Comment

Originally posted by northwoods View Post
        I won't go into detail there but man oh man did that do the job.
        We need PICTURES!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

At this point in time, I believe his wife has him tied up in the bath tub and is trying to dissolve HIM by electrolysis. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by seuadr View Post
          electroylisis works like a charm too.. and doesn't require the use of a dryer!
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            At this point in time, I believe his wife has him tied up in the bath tub and is trying to dissolve HIM by electrolysis. :-)

Earl
            Or maybe he has her going around and around inside the dryer stuffed with rocks and BBs.

Comment

lol

that was just the picture i needed in my head, thanks for the laugh.

nick

Comment

That is FANTASTIC! Cant wait to tell my wife. Think I'll tell her I'm thinking about doing it with the tank I just bought to see her reaction. What a hoot!
                Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

My wife is out of town a few days, I can clean all my tanks!

Comment

there's always the Laundromat

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post

Earl
                      I'd hate to think where the electrodes are connected:shock:

Comment

This reminds me of the time my wife caught me baking freshly painted parts in the oven. Stunk up the whole house but seemed like a good idea at the time. Nothing like a baked on finish.
                        Last edited by Guest; 05-31-2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I've done engine parts in the dishwasher... it too works great, just don't get caught, LIKE I DID!! :shock: [-o< \\/

Comment

I am the wife of saddlewarmer and if he did that stuff I wouldn't see the problem in any of it. The dryer was protected by the pillows and blankets. The oven bit, if the painted parts were on an old cookie sheet I wouldn't care, and we don't have a dishwasher. Can't put parts in something you don't have. I don't see the problem with anything here.

Comment

Originally posted by coinkeeper View Post
                              I am the wife of saddlewarmer and if he did that stuff I wouldn't see the problem in any of it. The dryer was protected by the pillows and blankets. The oven bit, if the painted parts were on an old cookie sheet I wouldn't care, and we don't have a dishwasher. Can't put parts in something you don't have. I don't see the problem with anything here.
                              Will you marry me?
                              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Working...
                              X