Looking for carb parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for carb parts

I need four new diaphragms with/without the piston (slide) assembly for all 4 of my carbs. 1982 GS850GL Makuni CV carbs.

Anyone know who might carry these? Dealer want about $100.00+ for each one. Looking for somewhere cheaper.

I might have four decent used ones left over from my little mishap last summer ( I dropped my primary carb and cracked the casing while cleaning it and had to buy a full set from the boneyard to replace it) I'll check out in the shop over the weekend. They are from an 1100, I'm not sure if they ar the same as yours, but somebody around here probably does.

Comment

Originally posted by Dex
      I might have four decent used ones left over from my little mishap last summer ( I dropped my primary carb and cracked the casing while cleaning it and had to buy a full set from the boneyard to replace it) I'll check out in the shop over the weekend. They are from an 1100, I'm not sure if they ar the same as yours, but somebody around here probably does.
      Thanks for checking. I went to bikebandit.com and here is what I found.

| Description | BikeBandit # | Price |
      -----------------------------------------------
      -DIAPHRAGM- -482382-001- -$110.64 ea.
      *This price is just for the diaphragm and not the piston/slide assembly either.

This is way to steep for me right now with no job currently.

Comment

Check with Rob? http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com
        I believe they can replace just the rubber diaphram

Comment

CArbs

I can sell you the diaphrams off a gs850g, they should be the same right?. If you still want them or any other carb parts email me at ps6000@hotmail.com

Comment

I'll check the site out, and I'll email you about those diaphragms.

Comment

JGonier, I've got 4 that you can have if you want them they are off of a set I bought for parts for mine. They are off of an 1100 but should still work for yours although you might need to replace the needle part with yours. Just email me or pm me and let me know.

Comment

Working...
              X