air screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air screws

the air screws on my cv carbs are in bad shape, i am only doing more damage to them trying to get them out, and getting nowhere, ive tried pb blaster and all of the normal fixes and only gotten 1 to budge, i have the 2 double throated carbs (either bs30 or 32) if i use an easy out to remove them does anyone know how i can replace them, they aren't on the exploded diagram at bikebandit, i've tried searching and found that others have had this problem but not what they ended up doing to fix it. thanks for your help

Usually you have to get them as part of a carb rebuild kit. IF you do drill them GET A LEFT HAND DRILL BIT. The last thing you want is for the drill to catch & tighten the screw. It may even break the point off.

Comment

i know you can order them from somewhere..

did you try Z1enterprises???

you may have to call them to find out for sure...

Comment

Don't use an Easy Out. It'll just double your problems. Do you have a dremmel? I cut the channel to the screw head and cut a notch in the screw head. It'll come out. Don't cut the threads out though.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Liberal PB Blaster, good fitting screwdriver, heat gun (no, not a hair dryer) on the alum hsg adjacent to the stuck screw.

Have patience & heat the alum body for at least 10 -15 min with the heat gun. keep dousing with PB blaster at the same time. Then try turning he screw both in & out until it backs out.

This method has worked for me on several "lost cause" screws.

Good luck.
          '85 GS550L - SOLD
          '85 GS550E - SOLD
          '82 GS650GL - SOLD
          '81 GS750L - SOLD
          '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
          '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
          '82 GS1100G - SOLD
          '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Does anyone know for sure, does Suzuki use some type of "loctite" on the air screws?

I remember the 2 week long battle I went through with my original carbs, and still ended up trashing the #3 carb in the process.

You can find replacement air screws here:

Comment

i bought a new one from z1 and my carb now works as well as the other 3.

Comment

Working...
              X