Brake switch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake switch question

I took apart the front brake switch because brake light wasn't working. l think the spring fell or was never there the switch works when I jump it. I read somewhere that someone made the insides of the switch. I need help on either making a spring or maybe substituting with another part.
    Anyone know what I am talking about. Am I just better off ordering a whole new switch
    One more thing does the bike have to be running to have signals work? Still tracking down Gremlins.

No worries!

The clutch switch mechanism on the left side of your handlebars is the same thing as the brake switch. You can bypass that, very easily, in the headlight housing and then use the parts you need on the other side. The clutch mechanism is a 'pain', anyway.

Your signals should work when your ignition is on, regardless of whether the engine is running or not.

If any of this seems confusing, send your questions and you'll get the help you need.:-D
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Or just order a new switch. theyre like 10 bucks on ebay from georgefix. Was for my bike anyway

Comment

Another option is replace the banjo bolt under the tripple tree with a hydrolic pressure switch $20-25 Never have to worry about it working

Comment

yea, bloody tiny spring, i lost mine y'day :x
          i used a spring from a ball-pen inner mechanism, was roughly the same diameter, i just cut it to measure, works just as the oem :-D
          GS850GT

Comment

Working...
          X