I need a stator!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a stator!!!

Hey guys, dubs here ... 1982 450gs (txz)

I'm wanting to replace my stator, after looking around online it appears that I am either going to pay an arm and a leg to get a new OEM one, or roughly $25 for one on ebay ... so my question is this:

Are stators compatible across models? (i.e., can I use any stator from any early 80s Suzuki gs, or do I need to find a stator specifically for an early 80s 450cc)???

As always, thanks so much for your help!

~dubs (hopefully I'll get a picture up soon ... better yet, hopefully I'll get it running soon :-D)

Look up your stator on Denniskirk and click the view all machines this item fits or something like that.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks Chef ... I looked on DennisKirk, but I think that function is only available if they carry the desired part ... in this instance, that doesn't appear to be the case; looks like they only carry an r/r. I guess I will try to back into my answer by looking up the ones online and seeing if my 450 shows up on the list ... thanks for the tip.

Comment

Rick's has them. Is this the bike?

Parts for a: 1982 Suzuki GS450T

PARTNUM PART RETAILCOST
        10-202 OEM Style Rectifier-Regulators -- $95.00
        21-302 New Stator ---------------------$140.00
        25-300 Stator Cover Gaskets--------------$6.00
        65-301 Starter Solenoid Switches -------- $40.00
        61-305 New Starter Motor ----------------$185.00

Aftermarket Motorsport Electrics parts for motorcycles, dirtbikes, atvs, motosport vehicles manufactured and distributed by Rick's Motorsport Electrics

Comment

Working...
        X