What a Monday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a Monday!

Ok the day started a little rough when I dropped my glasses putting on my helmet and a couple of other things.
    The real drag was when I turned on my left turn signal to change lanes and button fell off. You know, the one that controls the turn signals and headlight high/low beams.
    A quick check at Bike Bandit shows the unit as a whole for 99.00 bucks. Does anybody have a suggestion on how to maybe repair the one I have (did a search and didn't find anything) or guts out of an otherwise trashed unit I could buy? 1981 gs1000g

Thanks,

Im looking for one too. 1982 with auto cancel turn sigs and the horn button. keep us posted if you find a good source.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Try posting this under 'Parts Wanted'. Somebody probably has one they can send you..............

Thanks,
      Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

I'll put something in parts wanted. Was just hoping someone might have a repair suggestion. I'm cheap by birth, upbringing, and enviroment. :-D

Thanks,

Comment

Mine was trashed when I got from the PO. It had been glued. I re-glued at least twice then finally lost it going down the road. I just kept my eyes peeled on ebay. It took a while to mind one similar, but they do show up. I think I paid about 30 bucks plus shipping. Just have to look at them closly since some have the choke there, some don't, some designed for self canceling, some not, etc...

Comment

I replaced mine with a unit off a '78 Honda 'wing that happens to be full of parts in my storage space.....:-D took a little bit (yeah right!!!!!!) of wiring mods,shim to keep it tight on the bars, and it works fine. No more self-cancelling though, but I could care less about that!:-D

Comment

Originally posted by spindle View Post
              I'll put something in parts wanted. Was just hoping someone might have a repair suggestion. I'm cheap by birth, upbringing, and enviroment. :-D

Thanks,
              Use hand signals, doesn't get any cheaper than that :-D

Comment

Working...
              X