Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too much oil

Hello

I did a oil and filter change on the bike and forgot that my centerstand is slightly bent. As a result I poured in too much oil by the time I saw it in the window. The information by the oil filler cap states 3200 ml and I dumped in 4000 ml.

Should I immediatly drain some out?

Thanks for any replys.

C
    1983 750 Katana
    1982 750 Katana (parts use)
    1983 RZ350

get yourself a dollar store turkey baister and suck the extra out.

Comment

turkey baster. How come I didn't think of that?

Thanks
      1983 750 Katana
      1983 RZ350

Comment

Well I couldn't reach any oil. I do love the idea though. Tomorrow I will drain some from the bottom and make sure I have extra in case my calibrated hand lets out more them 800ml.

The wife now gets a new turkey baster,:-D

C
        1983 750 Katana
        1983 RZ350

Comment

Keep in mind that what is listed on the opening is for the crankcase only. You must add to that the filter capacity. My wife's 850 says 3000 ml, but the manual says it's 2800 ml. If you include the filter, the capacity is 3600 ml. Since that works out to 3.8 quarts, I just dump in 4 quarts and call it good. 8-[

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by mottyl View Post
            Well I couldn't reach any oil.
            Put a short piece of tubing on the end...
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

If youve changed the filter, a GALLON bottle of oil is slightly LESS than called for on my 1100G, (calls for 3800ml, gallon bottle is 3785ml i believe) But its well within the marks, so i think you're likely ok bro. Dont sweat it. Also, when filling after an oil and filter change, you need to allow the motor to run for about 30 seconds to circulate the oil thru the motor, then check your level after it settles down again. Generally, the first "window full" wont be full after running thru the motor.

Comment

Working...
              X