Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring schematic?

Hello,

Does any one have any info on the internal wiring of the igniter unit? I would like to build a temperary unit.

Thanks,
    Gavin

This one is from an 81 GS850. Don't have any resistor and transistor values though.

Right click and "save image as".

Comment

A little more info please.

Thanks for the schematic. Could you descibe your igniter unit? Does it have wires or a plug? Do you have the suzuki part #?
      Any else have one to fit a GS550L. Mine is wireless and the # is 32900-43400 I am told that this changes up to a 32900-43402.

I would like to build a sort of interchange chart on igniter parts. May be even build a couple of replacement units for short term fixes I just can't afford to pay $549.95 for a new igniter. New tronics sells an optical pick-up that is supposed to fit but I can't find any info one them positive or otherwise.

Thanks,
      Gavin

Comment

I don't have one myself. My GS850 still has breaker points. But I think that igniters from a GS750/850/1000 would fit a GS550.

According to my manual it looks like this:

Dyna sells replacement ignition sets for $ 385. I know, it's still a lot of money, but a it's lot cheaper than the Suzuki parts. And the Dyna is probably much better too.

This is their website: http://www.dynaonline.com/english/2000sport.htm#suzuki

Comment

Working...
        X