Never Dull on rotors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never Dull on rotors!

My son was helping me clean up the bike during the few hours of sunlight we had yesterday. I went inside for a minute and came out to him proudly shoing how shiny he got the rotors with a wad of Never Dull.

They look good but should I clean them off with brake cleaner? ND is petroleum based, will it leave a dangerous residue?

I'm entering the bike in a show next week, hopefully the new gasket will get her before then so I can install my new stator and r/r!

Ooh yeh.Clean the shiny stuff off or your brakes won't be effective and will probably squeal like a squealing thing.Sounds like you should get said son a project of his own.Cheers,Simon.:-D
    http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...esMapSimon.jpg

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Yes, clean them off with brake cleaner, and be very very careful the first several times you use the brakes. Don't venture out into traffic until you're sure they feel right.

If you're really paranoid and the wheel has been rotated since the incident, you could pop the brake pads out and clean them off.

It's not a big deal, though -- I've spilled fork oil or whatever on brake disks many times, and brake cleaner on a rag takes care of it. New brake rotors for cars come coated with a preservative, and it's quite easy to clean up.

Don't just squirt it with brake cleaner, or it'll drip all over the place.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

80% chance of rain here in Chicago the next couple days so not much riding leaves me time to clean the rotors off.

Stupid rain, it's destroying my buddy's fields up in WI and it's making me drive the Buick ::shudder::

Comment

Is your son in line to receive a nice inheritance, perchance? :shock:
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
          X