best freakin' forum anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best freakin' forum anywhere

I'm sure it has been said before but it is worth saying again so, "This is the best freakin' forum anywhere!" Every time I come back to this forum I am totally amazed by the amount and quality of information freely given by the regular contributers of this forum. It is always a pleasure to come back here and browse. I would like to thank everyone who runs and participates on this website.

Blaine

I agree....good site!!! CBX site is good too....its also got a very active mailing list. One thing I like here is it covers so many years and different bikes.

Comment

Where is this great site Blaine. I would like to visit it also.

Comment

I would have to totally agree on the greatness of this site 8O
        Never thought I would be part of a web community, if you will. But here I am almost everyday 8)
        Now for Scotty, I'm sure he'll find us. :P
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler
          I would have to totally agree on the greatness of this site 8O
          Never thought I would be part of a web community, if you will. But here I am almost everyday 8)
          Now for Scotty, I'm sure he'll find us. :P
          I used your syrup for lunch today doug. I had forgotten what maple syrup tasted like. mmmmm good.

Comment

I agree!! This site is great! Very helpful people here.

Comment

I agree!! Maple syrup does taste good!!

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
                I agree!! Maple syrup does taste good!!

Hap
                Doug gave me a bottle from Vermont last month and i couldnt resist making some pancakes to test it. It is so much better than the store brands that we usually buy

Comment

Great site

Yes, this is an absolutely wonderful site. I've received so much valuable information and help from so many great people.....I rely on this site and use it often. I will become a site supporter today and hope all of you will, as well. I wish I could figure out how to put my picture or my bike's picture by my name but I can't figure out how to do it.
                  1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I love this site! I am relatively new to biking (as of last year) and very new to older bikes (as of a couple of months ago) and totally new to mechanics as well.

So...this site is invaluable to me. I find myself reading a lot of the posts not knowing for sure what is being referred to when different parts and pieces are mentioned, but I know that as I keep reading I'll become more and more familiar all the time.

I sold my first bike ('99 yamaha v-star) last fall and picked up my two GS bikes this year and am enjoying these older bikes more than I did my newer bike. I think the reason is that I'm more familiar and invested in these bikes mechanically because they need more TLC than my v-star did. So thanks for the training!!!

--Dwight

Comment

This site is a great example of the positive side of the web. Over a thousand people from all over the world united by a common intrest, sharing knowledge that would be otherwise hard to find.

Comment

Re: Great site

Originally posted by chuckycheese
                        Yes, this is an absolutely wonderful site. I've received so much valuable information and help from so many great people.....I rely on this site and use it often. I will become a site supporter today and hope all of you will, as well. I wish I could figure out how to put my picture or my bike's picture by my name but I can't figure out how to do it.
                        It is not difficult.. you need a photo or image that will fit the Forum requirements, which are 100 x 100 pixels and less than 6 kilobytes in size.

If you have an image on your own hard drive that you want to use, (it could be a photo of your own, or even a drawing) you simply go to the GSR Main page and select Profile, then scroll down to the bottom, select Browse....then identify the image you want to use and click on Submit. All done.

Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, Ron. I think my problem has been that the picture I tried to use extends beyond the pixel limit.... :roll:
                          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by chuckycheese
                            Thanks, Ron. I think my problem has been that the picture I tried to use extends beyond the pixel limit.... :roll:
                            I have a shareware program called VuePrint Pro-32 that I have been using for years. I can open a picture and then save it and it lets me pick the pixel size I want. I just type in 100 pixels and then save it. The follow the above instructions on downloading on your Profile page. You can get it at http://www.hamrick.com. I'm sure there are others out there that do the same thing too. If you want to email me the picture, I'll convert it and email it back to you.

Terry

Comment

Working...
                            X