turn signal size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn signal size

Can someone please give me the diameter of the turn signal lenses on a 78 or 79 GS1000. neither of my bikes came with them. I have some 3" round LED lights that I am wondering if they will fit the stock turn signal buckets. And if they do fit i will need to buy some if any one has any laying around. Thanks

anyone? I just need to know what the diameter of the lens is so I know whether to buy stock turn signals or figure out another way to mount my signals. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rusty boltz View Post
      Can someone please give me the diameter of the turn signal lenses on a 78 or 79 GS1000. neither of my bikes came with them. I have some 3" round LED lights that I am wondering if they will fit the stock turn signal buckets. And if they do fit i will need to buy some if any one has any laying around. Thanks
      I suspect they're all the same, but don't know ...

A 1981 GS650GL has 3" round lights

Comment

thanks! I'll assume the diameter is the same for a 79. I just dont have anything to measure since I have no turn signals at all. I'll order some stock ones and if I can get the led's to fit I'll post up the results. These are just 2.75" round trailer marker lights with 5 bright LED's, the resistor is already built in. thanks again I've been waiting for someone to answer so I can order already.

Comment

If they are marker lights, they might not be bright enough for turn signals.

They will most likely do the job at night, but most of us do most of our riding during the day.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You make a good point, but I have been thinking about this for awhile. I use these all the time at my job and they are adequate (not great) for day riding and at night they shine like crazy. Anyone got a pair of used signals with or without lenses laying around they'd want to sell? I can trade stuff too.

Comment

Working...
            X