Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck Rotor

Hello all,
    I'm trying to get the rotor of my son's 82 GS1100EZ so we can replace the starter clutch bolts that sheared off.
    I bought the flywheel tool and this thing is really stubborn. We used an impact wrench on it and all we managed to do is strip the tool.
    I've been soaking it with PB Blaster. We also tried to put heat on it and it just won't budge.
    Any suggestions will be a great help.

Thanks

Ernie

Ernie, did you get the aftermarket puller or the Suzuki tool from the factory? I do these ALL the time & the threads are softer on the aftermarket ones. I ONLY use the ones from Suzuki as they are just better made. Don't get discouraged as I had a crank & rotor kill 3 pullers on me once before it let go! I finally put my last new puller on it & put GOOD pressure on it with a 1/2 inch air impact & then hit the puller bolt pretty good with a hammer & it popped right off! The thing had NEVER been off before & was a BEAR! Good luck, Ray.

Comment

Make Your Own Puller

Make your own puller Ernie. I did. I know it does not look flash, but the slide hammer idea worked for me. Use a good high tensile steel bolt that threads into the rotor. My rotor had loctite on the taper and was very stubborn. This was my third attempt to get the rotor off and thankfully worked.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2008, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas. I'll be working on that once the new tool comes in. By the way the tool was made by Motion Pro.

Ernie

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
          Make your own puller Ernie. I did. I know it does not look flash, but the slide hammer idea worked for me. Use a good high tensile steel bolt that threads into the rotor. My rotor had loctite on the taper and was very stubborn. This was my third attempt to get the rotor off and thankfully worked.
          I'd be nervous about the side load that would put on the main bearings.
          Dogma
          --
          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
          '80 GS850 GLT
          '80 GS1000 GT
          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by dogma View Post
            i'd Be Nervous About The Side Load That Would Put On The Main Bearings.
            Really!!!!!

That's funny because that is what the factory uses.
            Last edited by Guest; 08-15-2008, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X