electronic tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electronic tach

I would like to get a new rpm tach for my 82 gs 650 how hard would it me to switch my mech tach to an electronic tach.

the resion for me doing this is i want to replace the old one (to big and ugly) any info would help

From an electrical point of view it shouldn't be any problem, just be sure to get the correct tach that fits your engine type.

However, from a mechanical point of view, meaning finding the tach that both looks nice and fits into the old fasteners could be a little bit harder......

Comment

If you want to do it You will be beter off if you adapt a complete instrument cluster assembly from a GS with an electric tach

Comment

all i need is the wirering that goes into the engine i am only going to have a small tach on the handle bars

Comment

Originally posted by carl
          all i need is the wirering that goes into the engine i am only going to have a small tach on the handle bars
          Dependes on the tacho, but normally you only need positive lead 12V + via ignition, negative lead 12V -, and one wire connected to one of the ignition coils low voltage positive side, the one comming from the points/igniter.

Comment

Working...
          X