vacume lines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vacume lines...

im putting my system back together, 83 GS500E, and i have a vacume line from the intake manafold, not sure where is goes, anyone have a diagram if the vacume lines? because if it goes to the air box, then i still have an extra one..

thanks in advance!

Khyron

Re: vacume lines...

Usuallu, the vacuum line from the number 3 carb will go to the vacuum fitting on the petcock.

Earl

Originally posted by SyN_Khyron
    im putting my system back together, 83 GS500E, and i have a vacume line from the intake manafold, not sure where is goes, anyone have a diagram if the vacume lines? because if it goes to the air box, then i still have an extra one..

thanks in advance!

Khyron
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

then the one on the valve cover goes to the airbox? i'll go look,

Khyron

*EDIT* im sorry, i said the wrong vacume, your right about that one...thats hooked up i ment the one on the valve cover...i can post a pic if needed.

Khyron

Comment

The vacuum line from #3 carb to the petcock is a 1/4" tube. The breather hose from the valvecover to the airbox is about a 5/8ths hose.

Earl

then the one on the valve cover goes to the airbox? i'll go look,

Khyron

*EDIT* im sorry, i said the wrong vacume, your right about that one...thats hooked up i ment the one on the valve cover...i can post a pic if needed.

Khyron

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

here is what i have...

Comment

Ahhh Haaa, you only have two carbs. :-) The large hose in pic 1. is the valve cover breather hose and connect into the top of the airbox. It just vents the valve cover fumes into the airbox.
            In pic two, you show two smaller hoses. One will be fuel and the other will be vacuum (needed to operate your vacuum operated petcock) It apapears from your pic that the smaller, shiny black hose is a fuel hose and connects to your petcock fuel fitting The other would then connect to the vacuum fitting on the petcock. However, since they appear to be very different sizes, It should be simple to see which is which just by looking at the connecting inlet fitting sizes on the petcock.

Earl

here is what i have...

Comment

Working...
            X