1983 GS1100ED Frount wheel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 GS1100ED Frount wheel question

New timer here. Long story short I bought a 1982 GS1100EZ brand new and sold it in 1984. Well I loved that bike so 24 years later I start looking for a GS1100E find one on E-Bay local so I go to look at it looks alot like my old one so I ask the seller who he bought it from so he checks his paper work and it was my old bike and he was the 2nd owner. he put on 4500 miles in 24 years. I lost the bid on E-Bay. So i get a 1983 GS1100E almost done restoring it but 1 question front wheel axel right side my washer does not touch the forks mine is 1/8 of a inch away now I know that the spacer was changed for a shoulder one to a stright tube somone please let me know if the washer on the right side of a 1983 gs1100e should touch the forks Thanks joe
    Last edited by Guest; 06-14-2008, 09:15 PM.

Do you have all these spacers?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

unless the forks are bent...

the nut/axle actually only tightens the whole wheel assembly that then fits into the half-rounds at the forks' bottoms and the 2x2 nuts tighten the axle (spacers) to the forks

so, no need for the forks to be tightened by the axle/nut from either SIDE
      GS850GT

Comment

Thank you guys Yes I have all the spacers in the right place. I belive I have it right. and Thanks to all for the helpfull tips on bleeding the front brakes. Thanks Joe

Comment

Pics of the bike, Man, PICS!!!!\\/
          Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post

Do you have all these spacers?
            Not to be picky, but that is an 82's wheel.
            Here is the 83's.

Yeah I know minor point, but us that own 83's like to think were special.
            Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
            2000 Kawasaki Concours
            Please wear ATGATT

Comment

mate, those are the exact same diagrams...

see the left bottom of the diagram (gs1100ed e3) 8O

Originally posted by crag antler View Post
              Here is the 83's.

GS850GT

Comment

We are ... aren't we ?

Here is the 83's.

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
                  see the left bottom of the diagram (gs1100ed e3) 8O
                  But you will notice the wheels are different.
                  Just screwing around with chef
                  Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                  2000 Kawasaki Concours
                  Please wear ATGATT

Comment

54111-49500-291 front wheel for ED/EXD/ESD 1.85x19 in black

EZ had the original suzuki cross patern as per the original GS(X)1100 and GS1000. 54111-49300-12U 1.85x19 in Dark Gray (according to the book.)

If we are being ultra picky.

Suzuki mad

1981 GS1000ET
                    1983GS(X)1100ESD
                    2002 GSF1200K1
                    Soon 1980 GS1000S

Comment

But you will notice the wheels are different.
                      Just screwing around with chef
                      Gotcha! That's what i figured. I have a rear 17 inch rim for the 82 1100E if anyone needs one.
                      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by seeing the sights View Post
                        New timer here. Long story short I bought a 1982 GS1100EZ brand new and sold it in 1984. Well I loved that bike so 24 years later I start looking for a GS1100E find one on E-Bay local so I go to look at it looks alot like my old one so I ask the seller who he bought it from so he checks his paper work and it was my old bike and he was the 2nd owner. he put on 4500 miles in 24 years. I lost the bid on E-Bay.
                        cool story, joe... the bike almost came back to you after all that time
                        GS850GT

Comment

Working...
                        X