wtf no burn out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtf no burn out??

i have a 83 gs1100g and when i try to smoke the back tire it just bogs out??now this is my first bike but i feel i know it pretty good i have replaced plugs and wires..and pretty much rebuilt the carbs so does anyone have any idea why i am bogging out at high rpms??

Did you actually dip them or just spray them down with a can?

Comment

Let's see, your first bike is an 1100 with a drive shaft, you don't know how to do a burnout, and this worries you?
      Moron.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

you'll have better luck on gravel... no really, burnouts are stupid

Comment

BE PREPAIRED TO OPEN YOUR WALLET. Shaft drives do not take to burnouts !!!! It will tear up the rear wheel spline adapter in short order.
          Did you put the air box on ????
          With the big heavy 1100 you could break the secondary gear set too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          you can travel 100mph all day long but please NO BURNOUTS with a "G" model
          Last edited by Guest; 06-15-2008, 04:20 PM.

Comment

It's a 25 year old mechanical device. Think about things like Metal Fatigue and just basic wear and tear from all those years of use and quit trying to break it. But if you insist, I have a spare final drive assembly I'll sell you when you finally succeed.

Comment

Don't mind what the others are saying....Just sell the bike to me, so I can put it to better use, and a better home, and you can go get yourself a crotch rocket and use that for burnouts......

Comment

Agree with all the others. Burnouts are best left for the drag strip and MotoGP circucit. On your 25 year old bike - YOU WILL BREAK SOMETHING!!!!

Burnouts are incredibly dangerous too. I've seen a few dudes lose control when the back tyre suddenly found grip and the front launched into the air.

Comment

retard

it aint like i want to go smoke the tires all day long i just wanna know why it is bogging out at high rpms..as for those who thinks the bike can have a better home guess again

Comment

Originally posted by johnphilo View Post
                    i have a 83 gs1100g and when i try to smoke the back tire it just bogs out??now this is my first bike but i feel i know it pretty good i have replaced plugs and wires..and pretty much rebuilt the carbs so does anyone have any idea why i am bogging out at high rpms??
                    What's "pretty much" rebuilt the carbs mean? You either did or you didnt, which is it?

Comment

Did you get an O ring kit from Robert ? Do you have the complete air box installed, good intake boots ? Any vacuum leak, air box leak, pipe or filter changes without rejetting will make it run like crap

Comment

Take a look here and keep the rubber side down.
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                        X