new R/R - bike not working at all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new R/R - bike not working at all.

I installed the Duneage R/R yesterday and cleaned all connections hooked up everything right. Made sure every connector worked by "stabbing" the wire just enough to dig into the wire to hear a beep. I did that with each prong from the voltmeter to each wire to make sure I had a good connection. Every test had a beep when I tested each pair that were connected. My battery measured 12.4 volts. I turned the key to the "on" position and nothing happened. No lights, nothing worked. As if I had a dead battery. Just really weird because I did hook up the green wire to the neg terminal where the other one was. The red to red wire, and the 3 yellow wires to the other 3 wires that were mulitcolored. And the sense wires to the battery switch wires. Not a clue guys...

The very first time I tried to check my connections I blew the main fuse by accident, try checking those.

Comment

You mean the 5 fuses that are 10 and 15amp?

Comment

Yup, I blew the main one, I think I brushed the pos connection when I was disconnecting them. Like you, I had everything put back together, put the key in the ignition and got nothing. Panicked for a second but then checked and sure enough it was fried.

My fuses had little 1/8" soldered wire connections, I had to clip that to remove it but I didn't resolder them and it seems to be working fine.

Comment

I checked the fuses yesterday by pulling them out one by one and making sure nothing blew and put them back in nice n snug. Maybe another check of wires is what I have to do. Just confused

Comment

Same here as Mike

In the process of punching a small hole and using the frame behind the wire as a 'backstop", I to blew the main fuse. The funny thing was the fuse blew way down inside the fuse and was difficult to see at first glance.

Comment

Yeah use your voltmeter to test the fuse just to be sure and rule out one possible problem. Red to one side of the fuse, black to ground, then try red on the other side of the fuse. It can be hard to see.

Comment

I dont think I am talking about the same thing you guys are. Besides the 5 individual fuses in the fuse block, are there any other fuses to check?

Comment

Some odd ball model has a fuse in the headlight bucket I believe. Dont know what it does. But we are all referring to the main fuse (15amp fuse) in the fuse block.

Comment

hmm. I can't remember if there is a fuse in my headlight bucket, but wouldn't rule it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X