Compatable carbs for '81 GS550L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatable carbs for '81 GS550L

I'm searching for a #2 Carb body with float bowl for my '81 GS550L. I have called some salvage yards and they tell me that this was a 1 year only bike and no other GS series carb will fit it. They do have a #2 carb from a GS650 but I'm reluctant to buy it unless I know that it is the same.

Does any of you guys have any insight?

Thanks;
    Pete

Have a look here - I was asking a similar question yesterday.

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
    GS1000G

Comment

Compatable Carbs

Sorry to have asked a question that was recently answered. I didn't notice the thread you sent.

If everyone is sure that a carb body from a 650 will drop right in place once I change over the jets and other internal parts then I will go ahead and order it.

Thanks for the link to the earlier thread!

Reading this forum has helped me enormously.

Best Regards to all of you;
      Pete

Comment

GS 550, 650, 700, 750, and 850

As far as I know the GS 550, 650, 700, 750, and 850 all use Mikuni BS32's. The spacing on the racks are all different and the way the throtle cable and the choke cable attach are different. And of course the jets and all of the internals.

I am currently stripping down a set of carbs off of a 650 and using the bodies with all of the internals from my 550 carbs. The bodies on my 550 carbs had all of the pilot air screws stripped out. I also have to change over the front spacers and the butterflies shafts and springs as far as I know as well. Hopefully I will be done in about another week.

Comment

Working...
        X