Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To anyone who's installed Bruce's oil pressure gauge..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To anyone who's installed Bruce's oil pressure gauge..

Silly bit of a question, but ive never removed the gallery bolt. Will i need to drain the oil to avoid spillage? Or with it on the side stand should I be ok? And do you suggest some teflon tape around the threads? Thanks guys!

TCK

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
    Silly bit of a question, but ive never removed the gallery bolt. Will i need to drain the oil to avoid spillage? Or with it on the side stand should I be ok? And do you suggest some teflon tape around the threads? Thanks guys!

TCK
    You wont need to drain the oil. Just put it on the side stand. Don't use teflon on the adapter, but use it on the other threads. The adapter nut only needs to be a little over finger tight. If you tighten it too much you can distort the oring. Put it on finger tight, then hold it in place while you screw on the elbow. Add the gauge, and adjust for best view.

Sorry... I usually include instructions, but forgot to put them in with your kit.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
      You wont need to drain the oil. Just put it on the side stand. Don't use teflon on the adapter, but use it on the other threads. The adapter nut only needs to be a little over finger tight. If you tighten it too much you can distort the oring. Put it on finger tight, then hold it in place while you screw on the elbow. Add the gauge, and adjust for best view.

Sorry... I usually include instructions, but forgot to put them in with your kit.
      Oh thats ok Bruce Its pretty simple..lol. Figured i didnt need the tape on the adaptor but figured it might be a good idea on the others. I also would have just asked you, but I dont normally see you on till later, and I was hoping to do this before i have to take off for work

Comment

Talk about a wonderful MOD!!!

Those of you who have installed this know what im talking about! Those of you who've been thinking about it, DO IT!!! It took me all of three minutes, and thats because i had to take it off again to adjust the position of it. Super simple, easy to do, no mess no fuss, and great piece of mind! Thanks for supplying these Bruce! Yet another wonderfull piece supplied by our own!

Comment

What is Bruces oil pressure gauge?

Comment

Originally posted by ryonker View Post
            Diddo. I would like to know too.

Comment

Originally posted by ryonker View Post
              Originally posted by DMB View Post
              Diddo. I would like to know too.
              Here's a thread I have over in the parts for sale section:

Thanks for the feedback, Josh!
              Last edited by renobruce; 06-16-2008, 05:07 PM.
              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

wow that is cool! i gotta do this when i can afford it.....

Comment

Working...
                X