Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 1100 Clutch ?

Hi All,

Recently rebuilt my clutch with stronger springs, as she had started to slip a bit.
    Slipping has gone but, a couple of times when in first and just going off the clutch....coasting just on the throttle..... I have had a clattering noise along with snatching through the transmission.

Anyone know what the heck is going on ? Is it transmission woes ?

Eddie.
    GS 1100ED Canadian spec.

Also can seem to cure the 3 red lights coming on while braking. Sometimes it's 1 mostly 3. Bulbs etc all good.

H E L P !

Tell us more about your rebuild.... Did you get new steel plates and fibers ? Were you able to inspect the clutch basket when you had it apart. Maybe Rapidray will chime in here. He may know whats best for those symptoms.

And about those lights......I suspect youre referring to the idiot lights on the instrument cluster. Mine have been going off and on for 20 years. I think its the idiot light module.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I would take off the clutch hub and inspect the rear for loose springs and bad rivets.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks guys,

All plates are in spec, only one had a slight blue marking.
        The basket is a solid heavy duty / racing type. I suspect Barnett or the like. Hub is marked by the plates but not indented. The springs are "racing spec" that I picked up locally for a few dollars.

Yes I am talking about the idiot lights on the dash ! Annoying but makes me check that the rear light / brake light is in good order.

Any other advice please kick it my way.

Cheers,

Eddie.

Comment

Get an APE clutch hub nut. That should tighten things down a bit and quiet it down.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
          X