Swingarm swap??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swingarm swap??

I have located a swingarm from a 98 Bandit to swap out for my factory 82 gs. I have also read that earlier gixxer wheels bolt right up to the existing swingarm...what is the better choice?

A lot would depend on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are after a particular "look", just go with whichever one looks better to YOU. If you are after performance, the gixxer wheels are sized for more of the currently-available performance rubber. The early GS wheels that you have now are somewhat limited in what tires they can wear, but there are few complaints from us mere mortals concerning performance. I think you would have to be going all-out gonzo to fully appreciate the modern tires on the gixxer wheels, but that's your call.

Either way, with the different swingarm you will have to pay close attention to spacers to get the sprocket, brake disk and calipers all lined up to work properly.

Keep us updated, and, as always, pictures, please.
    sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Swingarm upgrade

Im assuming the gixxer rear will fit the bandit swingarm??

Comment

Or you could put a Bandit wheel in there and eliminate some headache/mating issues....

Comment

I have no idea but a member has lots of info on his site
          Here you can find out how I turned an old and stock motorcycle into something that can easily keep up with modern plastic and that also looks good too!

Comment

Working...
          X