550 gauge cluster question:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

550 gauge cluster question:

ok. TCK sent me some gauges, and i'm a little confused about some of the wiring..

these two sets of wiring running out of the gauges.. i assume they are for lighting.. but they bullet connect down to a single wire..

i'm confused.. do they ground out inside to the cluster or something?

Multiple grounds and leads.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Single power and ground IN/out of the gauges. The wires control multiple lights in the gauges themselves. Generally there are one or two up top and bottom of each gauge face.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        Single power and ground IN/out of the gauges. The wires control multiple lights in the gauges themselves. Generally there are one or two up top and bottom of each gauge face.
        That's what I said ;-)
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

I see that now :P Sorry!

Comment

I see that now :P Sorry!
            No need for apologies. I was razzing ya! :-)

Comment

ok.. so.. if they each end up with a single wire.. one gauge gets the hot, one gets the ground?

and thanks a ton for the help guys, i'm so close to being done ( minus a winter paintjob ) to having this thing done i can taste it!.. it tastes DELICIOUS!

:edit: i'm an idiot. i obviously was not looking at them right.. i didn't realize they were combining like colour wires from each gauge :doh: thanks for the clarification.. i probably wouldn't have noticed right away lol
              Last edited by Guest; 06-18-2008, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X