Starter Clutch Bolt Torque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter Clutch Bolt Torque

What should the torque be on the starter clutch bolt? I thought the manual said 11 ft-lb. My bolt keeps coming loose. I read on another thread that I need to try some permatex 20297 because the clearance is too big.

Your talking about the three allen head bolts or the rotor bolt into the crank?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

the three bolts 11-14 ft lbs
      THe big hub nut 36-50 ft lbs -- I would go 50 ft lbs
      at least for the 850

Comment

Red loctite bro. It will just keep coming undone from what ive read if you dont. I have to replace my starter clutch soon..curious as to how to get the damn rotor off... thats going to be a chore, i can just feel it.

Comment

I was talking about the big Bolt. I'll try 50ft-lb.

Comment

They can go up to 123ft lbs on the GSX1100's. (GSX1100EZ)

GS1000E 65-72.5 Ft lbs

Suzuki mad

Comment

I'm not sure what the '81 750 torque amount is but I doubt 50 ft/lb is enough.
              At least 70 in my opinion. Red thread sealant is a must, after very thorough thread cleaning.
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I don't even torque them. I have a Snap On 1/2 inch drive air impact & I just drive them on. Never had one come loose that way. Ray.

Comment

Working...
                X