Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got the jet kit, but no instruction sheet!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the jet kit, but no instruction sheet!!!!!!

I just got my K&N jet kit for my GS450 and it did not come with an instruction kit. Is there an online source for the instructions? I can figure out what to do with the jets and needles, but what about the two drill bits?
    I think all I really need to use is the needles. I only need to inrichen the mixture to compensate for the Mac two to one exhaust I just put on it.
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

K&N part # 81-9017

Main jets in the kit are matched to the needles in the kit, so the two should go together. one drill will be for the vacuum bleed in the slide and the other may be for the air corrector jet if the kit didn't come with a replacement jet. The smaller of the 2 drills is usually for the slide, and the bleed in the slide is on a slight angle so watch how you drill it. If the bits are real close in size I don't know what to tell you then.
    Someone else here should have some info to pass on for a 450. Good luck.

Comment

I just ordered a K&N jet kit for my 450L. If it has an instruction sheet enclosed I'll let you know.

Comment

i hope this helps it's for a 750 but maybe the carbs are similar setup or at least you can cross refrence the part number to what they are used for http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/3315.pdf. thats what i had to do for my 550 at least my kit came with how many turns to set the idle screw too.
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Lifesavers!!

Thank you, this really helps a lot!
          That link doesn't work but I think I know where it is, I'll check out Dynojets site later.
          The two drill bits are a 7/64 slide drill, and a 5/32 plug drill. Plug drill????

Thanks again

Comment

call

I'm also going to call K&N Engineering today and see what they can do for me. Maybe fax me an instruction sheet?? 1-909-684-9762

Later

Comment

hey we go

This is better.

Comment

ok

Ok, I think I got it, between my repair manual, your help, and the parts list in the kit, I think I can do this. The only problem is that I only have the settings for stage three, I really don't need that. I need stage one. Should I Install the needles and set them one notch higher than stock, install main jets, and turn the mixture screws out a bit and go from there? or should I drill out the slide too? Just needles and jets?
                I only have a MAC two to one exhaust and I took of the lil rubber boots on the back of the air box.

Thanks again

Comment

Support

I emailed dynojet today and got a great response from Phil Dupree. He is sending me instructions Priority mail! This is awsome! Gives me time to give the carbs a good cleaning.
                  Dynojet is the world leader in performance enhancement products for motorcycles and cars. Push the limit of your vehicle with our powersports vehicle parts.

Suzuki tech email
                  Suzukitech@dynojet.com

Comment

Working...
                  X