Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me what kid of handle bars these are??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me what kid of handle bars these are??

I recently bought a 1150ES and was told that it had E model bars installed. The ES bars also came with the bike. When doing some service work I noticed that it took a american hex key to get the ends off. The ends are also aluminum and have a shoulder built on them. Plus they are not nearly as heavy as stockers. The ES bars are one piece. These have a tightening bolt where the straight round bar meets the aluminum bar coming from the forks. Are these E bars modified or are they some kind of aftermarket bar?? Since I have no E bars at this moment to look at are E bars one piece?? I really like these bars...whatever they are I want another set on my other ES. Thanks again for all your help!! Chris

chris, it sounds like they are the E bars.they probably have aftermarket bar end anti vibrating weights on them.( thats what I had to do when I lost one) how did they fit inside the es fairing? I thought of trying it but thought they would hit the fairing. I like the feel and the handling and seating posisition of the E bars better. had them on my E version for ever. the es bars look better but are not as comfortible. and the wider feel with the E bars really helps in the corners

Comment

They slightly touch the winddshield at lock...slightly. Where can a guy get the new ends with the anti vibrating inserts???I`m actually thinking of melting and pouring lead in mine. I guess you are saying the E bar does have a tighening bolt?? I thought possibly it was a insert because it looked really long inside the bar and heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by cbxchris
        They slightly touch the winddshield at lock...slightly. Where can a guy get the new ends with the anti vibrating inserts???I`m actually thinking of melting and pouring lead in mine. I guess you are saying the E bar does have a tighening bolt?? I thought possibly it was a insert because it looked really long inside the bar and heavy.
        The E bar is a two piece. The machined aluminum piece that slips around fork leg and bolts to the tripletree, and a round bar stock that has a tightening bolt at the end were it inserts into the machined aluminun upright. The replacment ends for mine I got at dennis kirk I think but it was a long time ago. They have a rubber insert that goes in the hollow end of the bar and a heavy machined bar end. As you tighten the bar end bolt the rubber squishes and holds the end in place and dampens the vibration. just make sure you order the corect inside diameter of the handlebar.

Comment

Originally posted by cbxchris
          You don't a picture by any chance do you?
          I would like to put the E style bars on my ES but it didn't look possible to me as close as the ES bars are to the fairing it looked like E model bars wouldn't allow you turn at all.

Comment

Sorry no pic but I`m getting ready to cure that any day...going to get a good digital camera. Trust me they do as I said...just barely touch at lock both ways. I can`t stand the ES bars....they`ve got to go.

Comment

Working...
            X