Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta love po's ... now how do I fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love po's ... now how do I fix this?

So we are rechecking connections to see if we can finally sort out this voltage problem (replaced r/r, tested stator-it's good, but volts not rising when bike is revved). Wife was messing with some wiring and noticed some wires going into a 4 pin connector with lots of tape over them. Took off the tape and this is what we found.

Don't know if you can tell, but the wires have been cut, stripped, and then just twisted together and electrical tape put over them. Nice! I am planning on soldering on some blade connectors and then hooking them into the other side of that 4 pin connector. Is that my best bet?

To give you a better idea, here is where it is on the bike. It is the ignition wires that go into the other side of that connector that you see (coming out of the boot).8O

Thanks!

Step 1. Get a wiring diagram for your bike. BassCliff may have the manual for download.

Comment

We have a wiring diagram! We are good friends with it-lol We just couldn't believe what the po had done!

I am happy to report that the problem is fixed. Just crimped blade connectors on and they slide right in. Also sorted out charging problem!!!!!! Charging the battery and might actually get to go on a ride tomorrow ... and not have to push it home!

Comment

That's great news, wolfman....and even greater that your wife is working on this with you. How cool is that?!?!

Comment

That is very cool (the wife) my girlfrien loves to ride, so better than nothing I guess. I had a fire that burned my wiring harness so 90% of my wiring is brand new and I STILL had to sort out problems with the tiny bit of wiring not part of the harness from both age and crappy repairs by the PO.

Comment

Working...
          X