STARTER CLUTCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STARTER CLUTCH

WAS WONDERING IF THERE'S A WAY TO GET THE STATOR ROTOR OFF WITHOUT USING A SPECIAL SUZUKI WRENCH. THANKS FOR ANY SHORT CUTS.

I am sure that Dom Scotto has something to say about this one!!! :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by propflux01
      I am sure that Dom Scotto has something to say about this one!!! :twisted:
      Buy the tool

It actually as much cheaper from the Suzuki dealer. No shipping charges and they can call and check stock for you
      Dennis Kirk only updates thier in stock flags once a week I ordered one from them and then got a back order notice even though it showed in stock. I cancelled the order and went to the suzuki dealer where i expected to pay more. I was wrong.

Comment

BTW Scotty, How much was it?? :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by propflux01
          BTW Scotty, How much was it?? :twisted:
          if you get it from aftermarket it is about 165 dollars for the assembly. Suzuki goes nort have the assembly any more . I ammgoing to murdoch racing in safety harbor florida to look for parts because i need the rotor also another 250 dollars new.
          the clutch assembly # 12600-49850

the rotor # 31402-49410

Comment

That Hurts!!!! :twisted:

Comment

Buy the tool!

Comment

the tool was only 27 dollars US or so. for the 30mm thread

Comment

Hey slowpoke...Jay`s waiting on you......got a pipe and some other stuff from him today 8)

Comment

TOOL FOR PULLING FLYWHEEL TO REPLACE STARTER CLUTCH

THANKS FOR THE INFO. I CALLED A LOCAL SUZUKI DEALERTHE NEXT DAY AND THEY WOULD CHARGE 5.00 TO REMOVE THE FLYWHEEL. DENNIS KIRK IS EXPECTING THE TOOL SOON. THANKS AGAIN.

HARVEY

Comment

Re: TOOL FOR PULLING FLYWHEEL TO REPLACE STARTER CLUTCH

Originally posted by harvey hodges
                      THANKS FOR THE INFO. I CALLED A LOCAL SUZUKI DEALERTHE NEXT DAY AND THEY WOULD CHARGE 5.00 TO REMOVE THE FLYWHEEL. DENNIS KIRK IS EXPECTING THE TOOL SOON. THANKS AGAIN.

HARVEY
                      I wish my Suzuki dealer were that cheap! Mine excels in overcharging! I took a chain in to get it riveted and when I got the bill there was a charge for "Shop Supplies"! I told them that I supplied the chain, the masterlink, and the lube...what the hell was this "Shop supplies"? He removed it saying that they put it on all the bills...what a rip!!!

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by cbxchris
                        Hey slowpoke...Jay`s waiting on you......got a pipe and some other stuff from him today 8)
                        Jay had all the stuff i needed and i also picked up a dyna 2000 shift minder (the controll and the light)--while i was at it i found a manual chain adjuster. next is thern billett ((someday ill remember how to spell that word)) outer clutch hub. i might even get that modified air box and semi flatslides on one of these weeks. 8O

Comment

starter clutch fixed

WELL I THOUGHT I'D LET YALL KNOW WHAT WAS MATTER WITH MY STARTER CLUTCH. THE CLUTCH WAS FINE BUT THE 3 ALLEN HEAD SCREWS WERE BROKE, I MEAN SHEARED SMOOTH OFF. EVER SINCE I'VE HAD THE BIKE IT'S HAD A RATTLING IN THAT SIDE COVER AT IDLE. SO NOW I HAVE A STARTER CLUTCH & ROTOR THAT I DONT NEED (THEIR USED AND WAS'NT THAT MUCH.) SO IF YOU HERE RATTLING IN THAT LEFT SIDE COVER IT COULD 1 OR 2 BROKE SCREWS. WHEN THE THIRD ONE GOES SO DOES STARTING YOUR BIKE.

HARVEY
                          82 1100 GL

Comment

Re: starter clutch fixed

Originally posted by harvey hodges
                            WELL I THOUGHT I'D LET YALL KNOW WHAT WAS MATTER WITH MY STARTER CLUTCH. THE CLUTCH WAS FINE BUT THE 3 ALLEN HEAD SCREWS WERE BROKE, I MEAN SHEARED SMOOTH OFF. EVER SINCE I'VE HAD THE BIKE IT'S HAD A RATTLING IN THAT SIDE COVER AT IDLE. SO NOW I HAVE A STARTER CLUTCH & ROTOR THAT I DONT NEED (THEIR USED AND WAS'NT THAT MUCH.) SO IF YOU HERE RATTLING IN THAT LEFT SIDE COVER IT COULD 1 OR 2 BROKE SCREWS. WHEN THE THIRD ONE GOES SO DOES STARTING YOUR BIKE.

HARVEY
                            82 1100 GL
                            That is exactly what happened to mine--My replacement setup has the screws tac welded in place.

Comment

Working...
                            X