clutch adjustment or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch adjustment or?

Ok so when my bike is on the center stand with the rear tire in the air, it will go into neutral, but when it is put back on the ground, it wont. Any ideas?
    79 GS850.

There should be play in the clutch lever.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by 79GS View Post
      Ok so when my bike is on the center stand with the rear tire in the air, it will go into neutral, but when it is put back on the ground, it wont. Any ideas?
      79 GS850.
      I assume you're using the clutch... Is this with the engine running? Have you tried going from second to neutral?

EDIT: This is a shifting problem, right?

Comment

Hi Mr. 79GS,

Roll your bike forward or backward just a little bit to take pressure off of the gearbox, then it should "snick" out of gear. Sometimes it takes a light touch when going from first to neutral. Second to neutral may be a little easier.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X