A lil somethin bout nothin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lil somethin bout nothin

I just want to give a HUGE thanks to anyone and everyone who contributes to this forums technically challenged.
    I am a member on a prominent VW forum/website (Have been since 2004) and when I posted a question about a rear end swap, I got the BIGGEST rash of crap from other members for not using the search function properly and using the wrong terminology for certain parts yadda-yadda-blah-blah.
    So, thanks again to all of those who have helped and will continue to help me keep my bike on the road.

Are you saying that we are a little behind the times and need to step up our bashing and crap-dishing?

We could do it, but then this forum would not be what it is.
    sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Are you saying that we are a little behind the times and need to step up our bashing and crap-dishing?
      We have that covered, just go to the off topic forum.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I think it has something to do with a thing called...

MATURITY

Comment

Originally posted by Splittie View Post
          I think it has something to do with a thing called...

MATURITY
          What, are you getting old now?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            I may be getting older, ...

but I refuse to grow up.
            sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Getting old is compulsory

Growing up is OPTIONAL!!!!!

Comment

BTW - No prob Splittie, the guys here are a very friendly bunch. We argue about religion and polics etc. but, at the end of the day, we all love old motorbikes.

Comment

I truly enjoy helping people get their bike together. I've already made almost every mistake known to man so it's nice to share my "experience" with others so they don't go down the same path.
                  Newbies are welcome of course but, sounding a little grumpy, sometimes it gets old when they can easily figure out their own problem if they just put in a little work using the search function. It's one thing to be technically challenged, but something else entirely to be lazy.

Too bad we can't get some more stickies around here - for Basscliff's megawelcome for example. It would save a lot of searching for newbies, which would help everyone.
                  Last edited by Nessism; 06-20-2008, 09:17 AM.
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                    I truly enjoy helping people get their bike together. I've already made almost every mistake known to man so it's nice to share my "experience" with others so they don't go down the same path.
                    I always say, "I learn more from my mistakes than my successes". In addition, "A smart man learns from his mistakes and doesn't repeat them, but a smarter man learns from the mistakes of others and doesn't DO them."

I, too, am thankful for the members of this site. We're a genuine bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                      My kids seem to think so..............
                      But I'm positive my wife would let you know how much of a kid I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Splittie View Post
                        My kids seem to think so..............
                        But I'm positive my wife would let you know how much of a kid I am!
                        It's quite evident. Just look at your avatar. *insert smiley emoticon*

Comment

Originally posted by Craiger View Post
                          I always say, "I learn more from my mistakes than my successes". In addition, "A smart man learns from his mistakes and doesn't repeat them, but a smarter man learns from the mistakes of others and doesn't DO them."
                          I like that.

I'm going to add that to one that I use all the time:

You should learn from the mistakes of others.
                          You will probably not live long enough to do them all yourself.

sigpic
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride

Comment

How about..."it's only a MISTAKE if you do something wrong TWICE".
                            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Ditto!

You guys are awesome! I try and spend time reading as much as I can because everytime someone asks a question I learn more about things I may eventually have to do.

This is a great forum!!!!!!

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X