project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

project

in case anyone that has been giving me advice, this is the project that i will start next monday. 82 GS1100 GL

Finish it?

More seriously whats got to be done to it. Body work, exhausts, brakes, possibly tyres and get her running.

Suzuki mad
    Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2008, 03:54 AM. Reason: Added more

Comment

cool

good luck with it
      i trust you'll find these forums invaluable but you'll definitely need a lot of patience with these ol' bikes
      GS850GT

Comment

i want to make a few changes to it, i would like to change the seat pan in it. i want to see if i can lower the seat an inch or so, so the rider rides a little lower on the bike. im going to build a tank for it, eventually. most of the changes on it will be cosmetics. i picked this one up for 250.... so i am thinking i can't really go wrong with it.

guess im just really excited about it, it will be the first time i have done something like this. anything else that i have ever owned was just buy and ride.

Comment

I've been on the lookout for a rolling chassis 1100 ever since I got my 1000. I wish I'd stumble on one for 250 bucks.

Comment

my first bike was a 85 virago 1000 special edition, all the gold trim on it. i loved it. pretty much haven't rode anything smaller than that since. and that one was given to me by a buddy of mine that wrecked it. i dropped about 2500 into it with a local mechanic, which i still to this day think he hosed me on some stuff. i pretty much jumped for joy when i found this 1100.

Comment

I know guys who have, but I could never go smaller only bigger. My first bike was a Honda 400 and since then owned 2 GS1000.

Comment

i also acquired a GS750 L. only problem with it, is no title. bike runs. rebuilt motor, carbs, and aftermarket 4-1 exhaust. i so wish i could get a title for it. i picked this one up for 150. a military buddy of mine sold it to me. he bought it, and had a title for it. but, new jersey being new jersey, all the paperwork was lost, so no title. he pretty much gave up on it. but, im not so inclined to do so. guess im hard headed.

Comment

Gotta start somewhere

Hi Mr. aruyle79,

I'm looking forward to your finished project. Please keep us informed.

Thank for the pictures.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

i am picking this one up from one of our senior members on here!!!!!!

Comment

i should have it down to bare frame today!!!!! this the first time i have ever had a bike this far apart, and i gotta say, its a little bit itimadating. the wire harness alone, scares me at the fact that i took that off. but im sending some parts off for chrome work, and thinking about having the frame powdercoated. any thoughts on that one?

or a friend of mine suggested line X'ing the frame. anyone heard of line X? if you don't, its a spary on bed liner product. he just wants to see what it will look like. but its a thought.

Comment

You got hosed buy a motorcycle mechanic????
                        I can't believe it *
                        Good luck with the projects. What yeat 750 is it?
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

My opinion is that spray-on bedliner coating may be ok for a bike that's a rusted hulk and the owner wants to just protect it and ride, but it's no where near as professional looking as proper liquid or powder coat.
                          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

i don't ever remember being hosed by anyone, im lost on that comment......

and im working on the 1100 right now. and the two 750's are sitting

only time for 1 at a time. i made the decision today to powdercoat

Comment

Originally posted by aruyle79 View Post
                              i dropped about 2500 into it with a local mechanic, which i still to this day think he hosed me on some stuff.
                              I thought that's what you said
                              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                              X