85 GS700 handlebar swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 GS700 handlebar swap

I have a stock 85 GS700 with the 2 piece handlebars. I am interested in putting straight drag bars on the bike. What do I need to do this? I think I need the bars and a clamp. Can anyone give me some input or pictures or discription of what I need. Thanks.

Anyone have a 85 GS 700 or 83 gs750 who did any handlebar swaps? Please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Those forks are 37 mil in diameter if I remember correctly & so are the GS 1100 & 1150. You could use the GS 1100 triple clamps & bolt on the bars you want but I'm not sure about the fork spacing difference. You may find it easier & CHEAPER to attach risers to your upper triple clamp to install standard clamp type bars. The clamps from a dirt bike or ATV with 7/8 inch bars would be the ones you want. Then you need to look at the upper triple to figure out where to drill & mount so you don't compromise strength on the triple! Good luck, Ray.

Comment

Would something like this work??

Comment

Or- Is there a triple tree I can buy that has the the right specs to fit a 85 gs700?

Triple tree with handlebar clamps from a 1980 Suzuki GS850G. Would this work?

I have this triple on my bike

Comment

Originally posted by FlipYa4Fake View Post
            Would something like this work??

YES!!! These are the ones I would use. If you try to change the triples you would probably have to change upper & lower together due to spacing differences & your forks may be moved closer or further apart requiring more fabrication. Ray.

Comment

you should be able to use / modify to fit
              2003 honda cr250 bar mounts

Comment

I think I found them! 1983 suzuki GR 650 Handle bar mounts. I think these should fit perfect after removing the bars. Any input??

Comment

Working...
                X