'81 gs 750L handle bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'81 gs 750L handle bars

Okay, I just bought my husband a gs750L for fathers day. Now the problem is, the throttle case assembly has a metal tab on the inside that doesnt seem to go into any type of hole on the handle bar itself Thus, it prevents me from tighting the whole assembly down on to the bar. So it just slides back and forth and up and down.

Q#1 With that being said is this an aftermarket handle bar for a different bike? Q#2 Can he etch a small hole for the metal tab to fit in, so it doesn't move anymore?

Anyone that can help it would be greatly appreciated.:-) Feel free to email at justifiedkause@hotmail.com
    Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2008, 09:17 PM. Reason: misstyped

the stock handle bars have a small hole for the pin or nub to sit in......

if those bars dont have it, they are not the stockers...

he can drill a small hole in the bars and make a spot for it, just make sure its in the right place or they wont be mounted where he like them best for riding....

in other words, mock them up where he wants them, mark the hole, then drill it out

hope this helps

Comment

probably the best first-thread opening line i've ever heard!

Originally posted by justifiedkause View Post
      Okay, I just bought my husband a gs750L for fathers day.
      welcome to the forums
      GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
        probably the best first-thread opening line i've ever heard!
        I feel I must elaborate...

Okay, I just bought my husband a gs750L for fathers day. Now the problem is, the throttle case assembly has a metal tab on the inside that doesnt seem to go into any type of hole on the handle bar itself Thus, it prevents me from tighting the whole assembly down on to the bar.
        AWESOME!

Comment

Thank you very much that helps greatly

Comment

Working...
          X