bike dies at high rpm... strange problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bike dies at high rpm... strange problem

I've got a strange occurrence here... just got my bike running and tuned over the last week and have been riding it to work and back and a little bit for leisure. Last night, I was riding it kinda hard, decelerating with engine braking coming up to a stop light. The bike back fired pretty loud and shut off. I lost all electronics, but the key was still in the "on" position. I turned the key to "off" and back to "on" and it started right up and I was on my way. Fast forward to today... I was driving around and the same thing happened, except I was accelerating hard and there was no backfire before electronics shutoff... I was still able to turn it off and back on and cruise away...

Has anyone had something similar happen? Any ideas?

loose grounds? both battery terminals bolted in?

Comment

wow thats weird....

could be any number of things...

i wonder if under hard accelleration or decel your getting something coming loose and turning it off....

i would get it running and try messing with your wiring in the bucket and around the handlebars.... maybe you have a loose or crappy plug somewhere

thats my guess

Comment

It could be a problem with the coil/charging system, when reaching high revs it looses most of the charge so it won't keep triggering, when the ignition is turned off and on again it starts fresh/resets? just an idea
        Good luck

Comment

I would say it is a loose connection. Very strange though...

Comment

Working...
          X