Dynojet questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynojet questions

I have done a quick search but the old dialup is going abit slow at the moment, might have something to do with the snow!

I have always planed to get rid of the airbox and run pods and a stage 3 kit for my GS1000ET.
    Long story short I have enough cash to get a jet kit now, but not the pods. I like the look of the APE pods and the price is right but the frieght is a killer at $45.
    Would it be worth putting the stage 1 jets and needles in now, or should I sit on the kit untill I have the pods?
    The only advantage I can see is adjustable needle height.
    Are there other benfits?
    Cheers

How poorly does it run now?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Are you running the 34mm CVs? I have two nice pods and you can purchase two RC-0982.
      Let me know and I'll try and save you some money.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Maybe we can also get the pods for you & ship them to you a bit cheaper than $45....

Dan
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

worth asking?

if the seller wants to ship using usps first class mail that should cost only us$20 to nz
          GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            How poorly does it run now?
            It runs ok at the moment, but to be honest it is a case of buy the kit now or prolly not at all.
            We are using the the sell a toy to buy a toy rule here at the moment. I just sold an old set of 29mm smoothbore carbs from one of my old race bikes. So I need to speed the money before it gets used for kids lunches, new drapes or something else less important LoL.

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
            Are you running the 34mm CVs? I have two nice pods and you can purchase two RC-0982.
            Let me know and I'll try and save you some money.
            Yes they are 34mm CVs. Thankyou for your very kind offer. I will try getting a better price on postage as Psyguy suggests. If that doesny work I will PM you.

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
            Maybe we can also get the pods for you & ship them to you a bit cheaper than $45....Dan
            Once again thank you for your kind offer. I will try psyguy's suggestion. If that doesnt fly I may be in touch.

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
            if the seller wants to ship using usps first class mail that should cost only us$20 to nz
            Thanks mate. Good idea I will try another email.
            Now that you mention it a few of the packages I have received from Z1 have only cost about 20 bucks and would easily filt a set of pods.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiGS View Post
              Thanks mate. Good idea I will try another email.
              Now that you mention it a few of the packages I have received from Z1 have only cost about 20 bucks and would easily filt a set of pods.

Cheers
              heres a handy tool to give you an idea on what the postage should cost using usps services

in most cases it's only the weight that matters (although there are some limitations on the size of the parcel) - see details on the explanation pages
              GS850GT

Comment

Working...
              X