1977 gs 750 exhaust scrapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1977 gs 750 exhaust scrapes

hello, i have a 1977 gs 750 that has a few mods done to it like the katana forks and rims conversion and a swing arm off another katana 1000 , so these mods make it sit pretty low to the ground and im a pretty good size guy . where or what could i do to make the header stop scrapping ???? if anyone knows of a great sidewinder header or any tricks or any help in general would be much a apprciated!!! it scrapes so bad i cant even ride it . please help thanx justin

please help anyone have any ideas???

Comment

The only thing I can think of is an aftermarket 4 into 1 header that Jardine used to make. The collector was centered under the bike more so than the current MAC and Vance & Hines systems are. The trouble is they haven't made that in years but I have seen them pop up on e-bay every so often. Otherwise you'll probably be looking at fabbing up some sort of custom setup.

EDIT: here's on on e-bay right now http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...spagenameZWDVW
      Last edited by Guest; 06-25-2008, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grizz1981 View Post
        hello, i have a 1977 gs 750 that has a few mods done to it like the katana forks and rims conversion and a swing arm off another katana 1000 , so these mods make it sit pretty low to the ground and im a pretty good size guy . where or what could i do to make the header stop scrapping ???? if anyone knows of a great sidewinder header or any tricks or any help in general would be much a apprciated!!! it scrapes so bad i cant even ride it . please help thanx justin
        A sidewinder will simply compound the problem, only it will happen when you turn right. Nice and dangerous. Sounds like that thing is undersprung with the modern mods. You could try beefing up the suspension, using a longer set of shocks, ( i put a GS1100 swinger on my 77, and had to use 14.5 inch shocks in back to restore ride hight) and some longer/stiffer front springs. Are the forks pushed up thru the clamps at all?

Comment

no the forks are dead even with the top triple . when i get home ill measure my rear shocks and try to find some longer ones. anyone know what year gs's have long rear shocks ? so i can search them on ebay . thanx guys for all ur help . justin

Comment

you could also try putting a spacer into your forks to bring them up a little higher....

that would raise you up a little bit

Comment

Working...
            X