Changed drive sprocket. Need help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed drive sprocket. Need help!!!

This doesn't seem right, but I'm nearly 100% sure I didn't lose any washers or spacers.

Shouldn't the retaining washer sit right up against the nut?

Instead, threads are exposed, and all that washer would do is stop the nut from coming completely off.

The worst part is, I took the old sproket off weeks ago, and just put the new one on last night, and I cannot remember how it originally was.

Anyone ever dealt with this before?

It is a 1986 GSXR 750

Thanks!

I don't know the answer; but I'd head straight for a parts diagram on someplace like bike Bandit.

Good luck!

Rich

Comment

I'm assuming you have stayed with the same size chain. The original sprocket should have had a stepped washer and vibration damper mounted on each side of the sprocket that probably accounted for the difference in thichness. the damper assembly is not necessary but you should probably come up with some spacers to re gain the original chain alignment and sprocket mounted thickness. and yes bikebandits.com has a decent pic of the assembly under the transmition section.

Comment

You have the install CORRECT! The washer is a little away from the nut just like you have it. I know as I used to have a Limited Edition dry clutch 750. Ray.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

The diagram at bikebandit DOES show some spacers of some sort, but I know for a fact none of those were there when I took it apart. The important part is that I'm pretty sure I do have the spacer that sits behind the sprocket, so alignment should not be a problem. I'm going to locktite the nut, run it, and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
          X