Oil coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil coolers

If I find an oil cooler and lines from any old GS, can I use my filter cover, or do I need to modify it or otherwise find one already fitted to an oil cooler that would swap with mine?

I see a lot of them from 500's 700's and some others on eBay, but not the 1150 that has been recommended.

Hi Mr. UncleMike,

Is yours the 8 valve motor? If so, perhaps Mr. terry can fix you up with one of his oil cooler adapters.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Nope, 16 valve.

Comment

Hi Mr. UncleMike,

A current, related thread is here:

Hope it helps you.

BassCliff

Comment

Get an oil filter cover off an 1150. They are still sold new. Then get a cooler. All over Ebay. I even have an extra one.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I'm ashamed I haven't done this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
              Hi Mr. UncleMike,

A current, related thread is here:

Hope it helps you.

BassCliff
              Wow. I'm not going to say anything about great minds, but...

Comment

For info, my adapters suit both 8 and 16 valve engines. If your bike has the oil pressure sender plate behind the cylinder block, mine will work. Keeps the oil lines away from hot header pipes too. Cheers, Terry.

Comment

Working...
                X