clutch pushrod oil seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by p_s View Post
    That seal didn't leak. The stator cover gasket is still leaking (that started a week ago, haven't gotten to it yet). Two of my riding buddies said I was getting blue smoke out the pipes when passing at high RPMs. But it was on and off, not persistent. I also get blue smoke sometimes when I start the bike and it's cold. Maybe it means valve seals this winter. :-? Although I kept looking in my mirrors and couldn't see anything.
    As long as its going well and passing others at high revs just keep riding it. Enjoy it until you have to work on it. I have my crankcases split at the present time and have sold my Norton, so have nothing to ride at the present time. I am really missing being able to go for a ride.
    Cheers
    Don

Comment

Originally posted by p_s View Post
      That seal didn't leak. The stator cover gasket is still leaking (that started a week ago, haven't gotten to it yet). Two of my riding buddies said I was getting blue smoke out the pipes when passing at high RPMs. But it was on and off, not persistent. I also get blue smoke sometimes when I start the bike and it's cold. Maybe it means valve seals this winter. :-? Although I kept looking in my mirrors and couldn't see anything.
      Unfortunately, its been my experience that blue smoke under load is more often rings over valve seals. However the blue smoke on start up is more than likely seals. My 1100G puffs just the SLIGHTEST hint of blue on start up after sitting for a day or two (hasnt seen a day or two of sitting in a few weeks however.. ) So likely i have some seepage around the seals when they get dry from sitting. However, once she warms up and is off choke (all of one minute, or maybe TWO if she's been sitting a couple days) there is not even a hint of smoke. I bought a top end kit, just cause i needed a valve cover gasket, and i got a good deal on it, so i have seals to change. Maybe i do it over the winter, maybe not. At any rate, IF you're going to break it down to do the seals, and the rings are at all questionable, it would be in your best interests to do the rings as well since you've already got it apart. my .06 (adjusted for the crappy dollar )

Comment

Working...
      X