looking for some parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for some parts

i am buying a 79 Gs850 from a friend and needs a little but of work.

gonna have to replace the speedo and tach neither work right now.
    most likely a short in the starter as well, and will needs replaced.
    where some places to find these parts?

Check in the classified section in the forum. Some people parting ot bikes.

Comment

Also try the old fail safe standby....eBay.
      If you do the searches under different names,i.e...Suzuki,GS,GS850. You'll be amazed at how many different ways things can be listed.
      Good luck.
      Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
      2000 Kawasaki Concours
      Please wear ATGATT

Comment

since im getting a 79, what other year bikes can i get parts from?

Comment

gonna have to replace the speedo and tach neither work right now.
          most likely a short in the starter as well, and will needs replaced.
          where some places to find these parts?
          I would pull the starter apart and check the brushes before buying one. You can get the just the brushes from the internet for about $12 I think or the whole brush plate for like $32. I did the brushes in my 83GS1100GK and after putting it all back together it wouldn't turn over so I bought one off of ebay for about $50 then read a post that said something about getting the two screws that hold it all together too tight. So I tried loosing them on my original starter and it works fine now so if it turns out that you need the starter I've got one for sale. The starter that I bought was off of an 850 and it is a two brush where as the one off of mine is a four brush, but they are interchangable.

Comment

thanks for the offer... i'll know soon...

Comment

dgeorge gave the info for the starter. Check the cables for the speedo and tack before you replace them. Starter brushes can be had here.

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
                dgeorge gave the info for the starter. Check the cables for the speedo and tack before you replace them. Starter brushes can be had here.
                http://www.cyclewareables.com/pages/...er%20brush.htm
                Thanks for posting the link I tried to do it yesterday when I was posting my other msg but the their server was down so I couldn't get to it.

Comment

well we pulled the bike off the trailer today, and it looked like the battery was almost bone dry, so its a good possiblilty its just a bad battery. fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                  X