oil line question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil line question

hi i have a question about the oil lines on the engine next to the intake boots, i had to remove them to prevent the hacksaw from hitting them. well when i removed them there was this funky drilled screw thing and i was wondering if there was any special way of reconnecting the oil lines. the manual just says to connect them correctly? thank you all for the help that u have given me so far it is greatly appreciated

Can you draw me a picture?

Hi Mr. 85gsjim,

Are you referring to the oil lines which lead to an oil cooler? Is the "funky drilled screw thing" the cam chain tensioner? May we have a little more clarification? Please forgive my ignorance, but what bike are we talking about? Thanks for your help.

Hacksaw?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

sorry its an 85 gs700 they dont go to an oil cooler(theres 2 of em), they connect to the engine between and alittle above the intake boots. the screw is hollow with two holes near the beginning of the bolt. umm ya a hacksaw to cut a slot in the bolts connecting the intake boots, the were original.

Comment

Now we're talking!

Thank you Mr. 85gsjim. Yeah, those screws can be a bit of trouble to get out sometimes. Are you talking about #16 and #17 in this diagram?

Oops, sorry. I think you're talking about #9 and #10 in this picture. Right?

BassCliff

Comment

i dont think so as those are inside the engine this is where it goes in to the engine. im not even sure theres a special way to do it but i figured id ask to be sure.

Comment

yes sir thatd be them in the second pic
            Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2008, 05:02 PM.

Comment

can you get a pic of it, that would clarify it for sure....

Comment

Hi Mr. 85gsjim,

Those oil lines use banjo bolts. The "screws" have holes in them so that the oil can flow through them. Just bolt them back up in the same way you took them off. Replace the crush washers if necessary. You'll be good to go.

BassCliff

Comment

Those are your top end oil lines, replace the crush washers and retorque them to what your manual says.

Comment

Working...
                  X