Stator swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator swap

Are all the gs stators interchangeable physically. Im not so worried about wiring right now. Just want to know if the size and bolt patterns are the same for 8 valve models.

Hi Mr. Tarbash 27,

Some, but not all, of the stators can interchange between models. It'll take some research at the stator vendors' websites and online parts fiches. Which models were you hoping were compatible?

Here's a note from Electrosport:
    NOTE: These 8-valve GS750 models have a 12-pole three phase stator that has identical dimensions to the later 18-pole units (=ElectroSport ESG010). You can use an ESG010 in these older 8-valve models, but you will have to use the later model (80-83) GS850 flywheel. If you fail to change the flywheel the number of magnet poles does not match the stator and you will have NO OUTPUT from your new 18-pole stator.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2008, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I have a 79 gs1000 motor I will be putting in my 79 750. I have 79 GS750"L" wiring on my bike. I currently have an 82 GS550L stator in the 750 motor now. I want to get a brand new stator.

Comment

Cooking with electrons

Originally posted by Tarbash 27 View Post
        I have a 79 gs1000 motor I will be putting in my 79 750. I have 79 GS750"L" wiring on my bike. I currently have an 82 GS550L stator in the 750 motor now. I want to get a brand new stator.
        Hi Mr. Tarbash 27,

The three yellow output wires from the stator will connect to the three yellow input wires on the regulator/rectifier (if necessary, replace the two separate regulator and rectifier units with an integrated r/r unit).

Double-check to be sure, but any of these should work in your GS1000 motor.

http://www.ricksmotorsportelectrics....p?c=partLookup (You want part# 21-303)

This page has some very handy information:

Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

How is Electrosport's QC these days? The Electrex stuff had a good reputation, but I remember that when the name changed to Electrosport, there seemed to be quality control issues, especially with the R/Rs. As far as the stators, is there a preferred brand?
          1979 GS 1000

Comment

I know that the 79 gs850 is not the same as the 80, 81, 82 and 83, Ted

Comment

Originally posted by jknappsax View Post
              How is Electrosport's QC these days? The Electrex stuff had a good reputation, but I remember that when the name changed to Electrosport, there seemed to be quality control issues, especially with the R/Rs. As far as the stators, is there a preferred brand?
              I ordered an electrosport and hoping for the best on this one. Basscliff has a rmstator unit but the shipping on their site is 60.00, there is one other and that is Rick's Electrics. Rick's in another thread came recomended as did electrex but i could not wait for the electrex and Ricks is more expensive.

Hope this helps.

Comment

The Electrosport stator looks to be a higher-output than the stock. A little extra juice for accessories would be nice.
                1979 GS 1000

Comment

Working...
                X