No announcement yet.

Name that oil cooler adapter! Please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and that's odd because the Keihin smoothbore carbs I got off my '74 CB750 are 30mm bore.

Comment

Thanks for that Macca, I'm learning more and more every day. If your Keihin smoothbores are genuine Keihin CR's, they'll be 29mm or 31mm, they never made 30mm carbs. Cheers, Terry.

Comment

I'll get a good mic on them later and see exactly. 29mm would be slick...cleaner fit all around.

Comment

No worries mate, what's that silicon rubber tube you're gonna use to adapt them? I'd like to get some for another carb project. Cheers, Terry.

Comment

checked and it is certainly 30mm, but there's a polish inside. May have been bored out...but hard to see being bored just 1mm. Anyway...

Find a shop that deals in race cars or does custom forced induction setups. They always have silicone hose around. Typically, I can find enough in their scraps to do what I need...only costs a tip when you do it that way, too.

I have been trying to find a cheap source to get a large section of it, though.

Comment

Thanks Macca, got a pic of those carbs? I'll be interested to see them! Cheers, Terry.

Comment

Working...
              X