Carb's off the bike, now what do I do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb's off the bike, now what do I do!

Thanks so much for the input on how to remove the carbs...went real easy! In fact, I think it was easier than pulling the carb on my cutlass that I have done 10 times already....

Anyway, carbs are now off. Im going to strip them down and soak them in lacquer thinner, or is carb cleaner a better solution? I personally like carb cleaner because its got the nifty parts basket built in and its not as rough on the hands!

Are there any adjustments I have to watch out for such as mixture or air bleeds? and if so, where are they located?

OH and if you haven't read the previous post of mine, its an '85 GS550L with twin carbs....

I have the basics on how to clean the carb up, but any further detail is much appreciated!

Thanks Again in advance,
    Al Conforti

http://www.thegsresources.com/gs_carbrebuild.htm here is the link to the carb rebuild series from the gs garage

Comment

Re: Carb's off the bike, now what do I do!

Be certain that you have removed all rubber or plastic parts before soaking the carbs or using ANY kind of cleaner/solvent.

Earl
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Re: Carb's off the bike, now what do I do!

Originally posted by earlfor
        Be certain that you have removed all rubber or plastic parts before soaking the carbs or using ANY kind of cleaner/solvent.

Earl
        YES YES and YES. If you dont you will end up melting the rubber O rings.

Comment

yeah, melted many a rubber parts before with carb cleaner But they were all junk gaskets/o-rings anyway so it didn't matter!

that link only covers a rebuild on the single carbs, not the dual....

I got the carbs apart, soaked them, brushe cleaned them and compressed aired them out. Hopefully tommorow I can get them back on the bike and see if it helps me any!

Thanks so much for the input!
          -Al Conforti

Comment

Working...
          X