Is It The Carbs ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is It The Carbs ???

:-?hi Guys!!! Had The Clutch Prob. Now Its The Carbs????? Had A Short Runout To-day The Bike Ran Well To Start, Then Popping From The Carbs When The Throttle Was Opened Up. Seemed To Run Ok When Not Under Load. Came Home. Plugs Out. They Were All Black And Sooty. Have Harris Pipe+k.n Filters. Carbs Were Rejetted To Suit. What The Best Place To Start??? Thanks..:-?:-?:-?

Battery and charging system.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

The Battery Is New. As The Gen. Cover Was Damaged> When I Got Knocked Off!!!!! Could It Be The Gen.?? When I Replaced Cover The Gen. Looked Ok? No Damage That I Could See. So In It Went.:-?

Comment

Get a multimeter and check.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

What bike are you running and with what carbs? Who did the re-jetting? If that's wrong that could cause symptoms similar to what you've described.
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

I doubt charging system, but checking is easy enough.

Whatever jetting you did, it doesn't seem to be adequate since you are running rich. It would be helpful to know what carbs you have (CV or slide type) - makes a difference in diagnosis.

There are lots of threads on rejetting carbs on this site. Getting dialed in with pods and pipes is not an easy road, but lucky for you many seem to enjoy the challenge.

Comment

ITS GS1000 with MIKUNI VM CARBS, THEY WERE JETTED BY A DRAG RACER I KNOW. THE BIKE RAN OK TILL I WAS KNOCK OFF !!!.COULD BE THE GEN, AS MENTIONED AS THATS WHERE THE BIKE HIT THE ROAD???

Comment

Working...
              X