"Red" sparkplug tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Red" sparkplug tips?

was working on a friend's 1100g (stock configuration)
    all the sparkplugs have a light red-ish tan on the white porcelain electrode surround
    no, not brown, but orangy/red-ish shade
    plugs otherwise look ok

what could this be from / what would it indicate?

thanks guys
    GS850GT

Maybe from some type of fuel additive

Comment

Your friend's bike has been staying out too late, not getting sufficient sleep and consuming too much alcohol. Tell it to straighten up and behave itself.

Earl
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Check the tank for rust. Also unscrew a carb bowl drain bolt and see what comes out of the drain. I would guess there is some ultra fine rust particles from the tank getting into the carbs. Happened to me
        GS Score Card
        4-400 Series GS's
        3-500 Series
        1-600 Series
        1-700 Series
        4-800 Series
        1-1000 Series
        2-1100 series 1982 GS1100G In stable now
        sigpic

Comment

psyguy,
          Do you see it here: http://www.dansmc.com/Spark_Plugs/Sp...s_catalog.html

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            Your friend's bike has been staying out too late, not getting sufficient sleep and consuming too much alcohol. Tell it to straighten up and behave itself.

Earl
            His friends bike sleeps 23/5 & 21/2, can't consume enough liquor in the time available to be considered sufficient to harm, and says to tell you that your bike tires are overinflated, flat in the middle and that you should get your knee down

Comment

Working...
            X