Pipe for 85 gs700e/es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipe for 85 gs700e/es

After a few weeks of finding out nothing, I have managed to find a part number for a Vance and Hines exhaust system for the 85 GS 700e/es. The part number is: v12013, it is a chrome megaphone. I am posting this for those who responded to my original post asking if anyone knew where to find an exhaust system for the bike. I know there is at least one other person on here with the same question.

p.s. If anyone knows where to get one of these pipe for cheap, please post and let me know.

-Bill

You will probably have an impossible time trying to lacte that pipe since they don't make them anymore. I am getting a Mac exhaust for an 1983 750 and with some minor modifications it will fit.

Here is a link to the previous discussion I had last year. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...&highlight=mac

Comment

E-bay, is about the only place to find performance pipes for the bike now. They just had a set of the V&H on there, and there will be more I'm sure.

Comment

Dennis Kirk

Hey Bill,
        Dennis Kirk offers 5 different exhaust systems for your bike...

Good Luck,
        Andy

Comment

Has anyone tried modifying a stock pipe? I mean take the stocker from
          an 85 700E and with a couple cuts and welds you could have a 4 into 1
          setup. Would it make it worse than stock? I was thinking about taking
          mine down to the local muffler shop and having them hack on it. The
          bike looks 10 times better with one exhaust. Not to mention the weight
          you'd be losing.

Comment

I'm usin a Yosh Duplex for an air/oil gooled GSX-R 750 on my 700. It exits high so I ditched the passenger pegs. I can say for sure if it would interfere with the front pegs since I'm using Gixxer rearsets. I think if you used a Katana 750 pipe it would fit fine without interfering with anything. The newer Katanas use the early Gixxer motors and the aftermarket pipes for them don't call for as many compromises.

Comment

Working...
            X